Crumb-Topped Apricot-Craisin Loaves
3/4 cup sweetened dried apricots, diced
3/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries (Craisins)
1/3 cup apricot brandy or nectar
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp salt
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 cup heavy cream, half and half or whole milk
1/3 cup slivered almonds
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
3 Tbsp cold unsalted butter, cut into bits
Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
1. In a small bowl, toss together cranberries, apricots and brandy; let stand 45 minutes, until most of the brandy has been absorbed and the dried fruit looks plumped.
2. Heat oven to 350°F. Coat five small (5 1/2 x 3 x 2-in.) loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray.
3. In medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, ginger and salt until blended. In large bowl at medium speed, beat butter, sugar and vanilla extract until fluffy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time. On low speed, alternately beat in flour mixture and cream into butter mixture. Stir in cranberries, apricots and remaining brandy in bowl. Spread in prepared pans (a slightly rounded cup per pan).
4. Crumb Topping: In food processor, pulse almonds, sugar and flour until nuts are finely ground. Add butter; pulse until mixture is evenly moistened and starts to clump. Sprinkle over tops of loaves, gently pressing crumbs into batter.
5. Bake 45 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted into centers comes out clean. Let cool in pan 20 minutes. Loosen edges; carefully remove loaves from pans and cool completely on wire racks. Dust tops with confectioners' sugar. Slice with serrated knife.
Storage Tip: Wrap loaves in foil and store at room temperature up to 1 week, or freeze up to 3 months.
Baked Goods, Baked goods, Bread, Desert, Dessert, Desserts, Food Processor, Fruit, Fruits, dessert, desserts
Estimated preparation time:
Ver sitio en español
View site in english
Ver site em português
Copyright © 2008 - 2011 by
, All Rights Reserved.
The ReLiSimple app for iPad is now available to download. Just go to the download page and choose ReLiSimple for iPad, which will lead you to iTunes App Store. Enjoy it now!.
Take me to download page
ReLiSimple iPad available