| Almendrados (Brazil nut candy)|
|     ||250 grs. Brazil nuts ||  ||250 grs. powdered sugar|
|     ||2 egg whites||  ||1 tablespoon butter|
|     ||ground cinnamon (to taste)||  || |
|1. Bring to boil a pot with water and add Brazil nuts. Cook for a few minutes. |
2. Drain water and peel the nuts. Set aside 12 to 14 whole nuts and crush remaining nuts.
3. Place crushed nuts in a bowl and add cinnamon to taste, mixing well with hands or with a wooden spoon.
4. Beat egg whites with sugar to stiff consistency.
5. Mix gently egg whites with Brazil nuts.
6. You can add some concentrated coffee, lemon or orange zest, or some liquour to nuts, if you want more flavour.
7. Grease a cookie sheet with butter and spoon mixture, allowing 3-4 cms. between each spoonful of mixture.
8. Place one nut (or half) on top of each almendrado.
9. Preheat oven to medium temperature and bake almedrados for 20 minutes, or until golden.
| Categories:  Desserts, Candies|
| Estimated Serving:  6|
| Estimated preparation time:  105 min.|
| Language:  English|
| Shared by:  AnaPau 2010/01/05|