2 (.25-ounce) packages active dry yeast
3 tablespoons sugar
2 1/2 cups warm water (105 degrees F to 115 degrees F)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon salt
5 1/2 to 6 1/2 cups bread flour, divided
1 tablespoon cornmeal
1 large egg white, lightly beaten
1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in 2 1/2 cups warm water; let stand for 5 minutes. Add olive oil and salt.
2. With an electric mixer, gradually beat in 5 1/2 cups flour, beating until smooth. Beat in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
3. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead dough for 5 minutes, or until dough is smooth and elastic. Place dough in a lightly greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85 degrees F), free from drafts, for 45 minutes, or until doubled in size.
4. Lightly grease 4 baguette pans or 2 baking sheets; sprinkle with cornmeal and set aside.
5. Divide dough into 4 equal portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 10-x-15-inch rectangle. Roll up dough, starting at long side, jelly-roll fashion. Place each loaf, seam-side down, onto prepared pans. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85 degrees F), free from drafts, for 45 minutes, or until doubled in size.
6. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
7. Gently, brush each loaf with egg white. Cut 6 (1/4-inch-deep) slits across top of dough with a sharp paring knife.
8. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool for 20 minutes on wire racks before slicing.
Baked Goods, Baked goods, Bread, Bread Machine, French
Estimated preparation time:
Ver sitio en español
View site in english
Ver site em português
Copyright © 2008 - 2011 by
, All Rights Reserved.
The ReLiSimple app for iPad is now available to download. Just go to the download page and choose ReLiSimple for iPad, which will lead you to iTunes App Store. Enjoy it now!.
Take me to download page
ReLiSimple iPad available