Braided Egg Bread by Crisco®
4 1/4 to 4 1/2 cups White Lily® Bread Flour, divided
1 package active dry yeast
1 1/4 cups water
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon salt
1 large egg, lightly beaten
Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1. COMBINE 2 cups flour and yeast in large bowl. Combine water, sugar, 1/4 cup butter and salt in medium saucepan. Heat until warm (120 to 130°F) and butter is almost melted.
2. ADD butter mixture and egg to flour mixture. Beat at low speed of electric mixer 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat at high speed 3 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour by hand to make a soft dough. Shape into a ball.
3. SPRAY a large bowl with no-stick cooking spray. Add dough to bowl, turning to coat surface. Cover. Let rise in warm place 1 hour or until double in size.
4. STIR down dough. Place on floured surface; knead until no longer sticky. Divide in half. Divide each half into thirds. Roll each portion into a rope or strand 12 x 2-inches long.
5. COAT a 17 x 12-inch baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray. Braid three strands together to form a loaf directly on the pan, making sure ends of braided loaf are turned under securely. Repeat with remaining dough. Cover. Let rise in warm place 1 hour or until double in size.
6. HEAT oven to 375°F. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Brush lightly with melted butter.
If substituting White Lily All-Purpose Flour for bread flour, use larger amount.
Baked Goods, Baked goods, Bread, Bread Machine
Estimated preparation time:
Ver sitio en español
View site in english
Ver site em português
Copyright © 2008 - 2011 by
, All Rights Reserved.
The ReLiSimple app for iPad is now available to download. Just go to the download page and choose ReLiSimple for iPad, which will lead you to iTunes App Store. Enjoy it now!.
Take me to download page
ReLiSimple iPad available