| Gaznates argentinos (Pastries)|
|     ||6 egg yolks||  ||1 tablespoon brandy|
|     ||1 tablespoon lard||  ||300 grs. dulce de leche|
|     ||3/4 cups sunflower oil||  ||500 grs. flour|
|1. Beat the egg yolks in a bowl until very fluffy and foamy. |
2. Add the brandy and mix, add the flour slowly and mix again until obtaining a homogeneous mix, but not sticky.
3. Melt the lard in the stove or microwave and add it to the dough; work with hands to integrate it.
4. Sprinkle a flat surface with flour and work dough with a rolling pin until having a thin layer.
5. With a sharp knife or pasta cutter, cut dough in squares just about the same size.
6. Moisten with water 2 opposite ends of the squares and stick them together.
7. Heat plenty of oil in a skillet and fry the gaznates on medium heat until they are golden.
8. Drain them well and let cool off.
9. Fill a bag or decorator bag with dulce de leche, and fill the gaznates with it. Serve.
| Categories:  Pastries, Argentine|
| Estimated Serving:  6|
| Estimated preparation time:  60 min.|
| Language:  English|
| Shared by:  AnaPau 2009/05/07|