Roasted pork with prunes
3 pounds pork tenderloin
150 grs. prunes
2 tablespoons raisins
1 cup beef broth
4 tablespoons oil
1 tablespoon goosberry jelly
1/2 cup light cream
ground black pepper
1. Soak the prunes in warm water for half an hour. Drain them.
2. Heat the oven at medium temperature.
3. Peel, core and cut the apples into small pieces.
4. Open the meat with a knife, and try to make it flat (you should be able to roll it). Season with salt, pepper and ginger.
5. Place the diced apples and prunes on top of the meat, and roll it carefully. Tie the meat with a string, so it will not loose its shape while cooking.
6. Heat the oil in a large skillet and brown the meat, turning it occasionally, until all sides are browned.
7. Place the meat in an oven dish. Add the leftover fat from the skillet, the cream, beef broth and the raisins.
8. Place in hot oven and roast at medium temperature for 1,1/2 to 2 hours.
9. Verify that the meat has some liquid in the dish. Add more broth if necessary.
10. Once the meat is cooked, remove the string and slice it. Serve with the remaining sauce on top.
Estimated preparation time:
Ver sitio en español
View site in english
Ver site em português
Copyright © 2008 - 2011 by
, All Rights Reserved.
The ReLiSimple app for iPad is now available to download. Just go to the download page and choose ReLiSimple for iPad, which will lead you to iTunes App Store. Enjoy it now!.
Take me to download page
ReLiSimple iPad available