| Cream of onion soup|
|     ||3 medium onions||  ||1 liter chicken broth|
|     ||2 portioned cheeses||  ||1 egg|
|     ||1/2 cup cognac||  ||1/3 cup liquid cream|
|     ||6 tablespoons oil||  ||1 bunch parsley|
|     ||flour to taste||  ||ground pepper to taste|
|     ||salt to taste||  || |
|1. Peel the onions, chop half past two very thin and the remaining half, cut into|
2. Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a pan and fry the chopped onions over low heat for 30
3. Put the onion into rings to soak in salted water for 30 minutes.
4. Flambé the fried onion with cognac. Stir in broth boiling and mix.
5. Cook the broth with the onion for 10 minutes.
6. Put everything in the bowl of a blender, add the cheeses and season with salt
and pepper and beat until smooth and homogeneous cream.
7. Drain the onion rings, pass them in flour and brown in hot oil until golden and
8. Beat the egg yolk with the cream, add to the soup, stir and serve sprinkled with
chopped parsley and onion rings over.
| Categories:  Belgium, Soups|
| Estimated Serving:  4|
| Estimated preparation time:  50 min.|
| Language:  English|
| Shared by:  juliana 2010/11/01|