Carbonada en zapallo (Pumpkin stew)
4 1/2 kg pumpkin
500 g veal beef
2 tablespoons lard
1/2 cup milk
3 corn (sweet corn)
1 cup white wine
1/2 cup oil
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 cup rice
salt to taste
1 medium onion
ground pepper to taste
1. Wash and dry the pumpkin.
2. Cut the top of the pumpkin, reserving the cut to use as cover, and remove seeds.
3. Brush the inside of the pumpkin with butter, practice a few cuts in the flesh
and sprinkle with milk.
4. Move the pumpkin for milk permeate the flesh well, cover with lid aside and
placed in the oven, preheated to 190°C (375 °F) for 1 1/2 hours.
5. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan and fry the rice.
6. Next, chop the corn cobs and cook them in a pot on the fire for a few minutes
7. Heat remaining oil in a pot on the fire and add the onion and chiles.
8. Incorporate clean meat and cut into cubes and, when it begins to turn brown,add
tomatoes, wine and sugar, salt and pepper, cover the pan and cook about 20
9. Add rice and cook about 5 minutes.
10. After baking time of the pumpkin, remove from oven, add the corn to the
carbonada prepared and pumpkin filling.
11. Cover and put back into the oven for 15 minutes.
Argentine, Bovine, Stew
Estimated preparation time:
Ver sitio en español
View site in english
Ver site em português
Copyright © 2008 - 2011 by
, All Rights Reserved.
The ReLiSimple app for iPad is now available to download. Just go to the download page and choose ReLiSimple for iPad, which will lead you to iTunes App Store. Enjoy it now!.
Take me to download page
ReLiSimple iPad available